- 1 medium size potato
- 250gm shrimp or prawn (chingri)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 4-5 tablespoon of posto (poppy seeds)
- 4-5 green chili
- 1 medium size chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk
- 4 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1 cup of water
Preparation Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 25 min
Serves : 4
How to make posto chingri
1. Take 1 medium size potato, peel off its skin and cut it into small pieces, then take 250gm shrimp or prawn (chingri) wash it properly, marinade both potato and shrimp separately with little turmeric powder, chili powder and salt to taste for 15 mins.
2. Take a non-stick kadhai heat 4 tablespoon of vegetable oil and fry the potato and shrimp (not together, separately) till its become golden brown and keep aside.
3. In a mixer grinder put 4-5 tablespoon of posto and blend it for 2 mins then it become smooth, do not add water into the posto.
4. When posto become smooth then add 1/2 cup water, 2 green chili and again blend for 2 mins and keep aside.
5. In the same kadhai (step 2) heat the remaining vegetable oil and add 1 medium size chopped onion, 2-3 green chili split into half, 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder, salt to taste and fry till the onion is half tender.
6. Put the posto into kadhai (step 5 ) and fry for few mins, then put 1/2 teaspoon garlic paste and again fry for 5 mins. Add 1/2 cup of coconut milk and cook for few mins.
7. Add 1 cup of water into the kadhai and put potato and shrimp into it and bring it boil for 2-3 mins.
Posto Chingri (Shrimp with Poppy Seeds) with coconut milk is ready to serve with rice or Roti (Chappati) for lunch. Cook this when you need a break from the usual prawn preparations.
Please leave your feedback and suggestions in the comments section below. Thank you.