Ingredients to prepare Palak Paneer
- 400gm spinach (palak)
- 300gm paneer (cheese)
- 2 tablespoon of ghee
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- 4 cardamom pieces
- 4 cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 medium size chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 chopped tomato
- 3-4 chopped green chili
- little turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kasuri methi
- 1 tablespoon fresh cream
- salt to taste
Preparation Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 40 min
How to Make Palak Paneer (Cheese with Spinach)
1. Take 400gm spinach (palak) and cut the stem of the spinach leaves, wash it properly in water.
2. In a pan boil the spinach leaves (palak) for 2 mins. Then drain the excess water.
3. Put the palak leaves in a mixer grinder and make a smooth paste.
4. Now cut 300gm paneer into 1 inch pieces and keep aside.
5. Take a non-stick pan, heat 2 tablespoon of ghee and fry the paneer pieces in a low flame, till it is slightly brown in colour.
6. In the same pan and in the same oil put 1 stick of cinnamon, 4 cardamon pieces, 4 cloves and fry for 1 min.
7. Then put 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds, when its starts to splutter put 2 medium size chopped onion with little salt and 1 tablespoon chopped garlic and fry till it is half tender.
8. Now put 1 chopped tomato, 3-4 chopped green chili, little turmeric powder, 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste and fry in low flame till the tomato and onions are fully tender.
9. Put 1 teaspoon of coriander powder, 1 teaspoon of cumin powder, 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder, salt to taste and fry till oil separates from masala.
10 Put the palak paste (step 3) and 1 teaspoon kasuri methi (grind it with both hands) and cook till oil comes out of the palak.
11. Now put the fried paneer pieces (step 5), 1 tablespoon fresh cream and little water. Cook for 2 mins.
Palak Paneer is ready to serve hot with Paratha for dinner.
Please leave your feedback and suggestions in the comments section below. Thank you.