Masala Bhindi (Spicy Lady fingers) is a typical dry vegetable dish that is suitable with Roti or Paratha for dinner. This can also be served with rice as a side dish in lunch. Overall the dish is healthy yet tasty.
- Bhindi (lady fingers) (250 gm)
- 2 large size onions
- 4-5 green chillies
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- Whole cumin seeds
- Vegetable oil
Preparation Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time : 15 mins
1. Wash the bhindi(250gm) and cut each of them into 2 pieces.
2. Take 2 large size onions and cut them into medium size (long pieces).
3. In a non- stick kadhai (bowl) heat 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil for 3 mins, put some whole cumin seeds into the oil then after 1 min add bhindi (step 1), 4-5 green chilli, 1 teaspoon turmeric powder and salt to taste and fry until it becomes half tender.
4. Put the onions (step 2) into the kadhai(step 3) and fry till it is half fried.
5. Put 1 teaspoon cumin powder, 1 teaspoon coriander powder, 1/2 teaspoon ginger paste, 1/2 teaspoon garlic paste, 1 teaspoon garam masala powder, 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder and little water into the kadhai and fry till oil comes out of the masala (fried spices) and bhindi is fully cooked.
6. Sir occasionally otherwise the fried masala will stick at the bottom of kadhai (you can occasionally add small quantities of water if required during fry).
7. Masala Bhindi (Lady fingers) is ready to serve hot with Paratha or Roti for dinner.
Note: This is a dry dish, hence care must be taken while adding water.
Please leave your feedback and suggestions in the comments section below. Thank you.