- 3-4 pieces of cauliflower
- 1 carrot (peel it off)
- 6-7 beans
- 2 potato (peel it off)
- Handful of green peas
- 2 teaspoon bread crumbs
- 1 bread slice
- 2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1.5 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2-3 chopped green chili
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon black peeper
- 3-4 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 teaspoon maida (all purpose flour)
- 2-3 tablespoon of butter
- 4 cloves
- 2 small stick of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon green chili paste
- 2-3 tablespoon of tomato puree
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2-3 tablespoon fresh cream
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
Preparation Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 45 min
How to make Malai Kofta.
1. Take 3-4 pieces of cauliflower, 1 carrot (peel it off), 6-7 beans, 2 potato (peel it off) and handful of green peas. Cut all the vegetables into 2-3 pieces except green peas and boil them in micro- oven for 8 mins.
2. In a bowl put all the boil vegetables and mash them add 2 teaspoon of bread crumbs, 1 bread slice soaked in water, 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder,1/2 teaspoon ginger paste, 1/2 teaspoon garlic paste, 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, 2-3 chopped green chili, salt to taste, 1/2 teaspoon black peeper and mix well . Make medium size round shape kofta balls.
3.In a bowl put 3-4 tablespoon of cornflour and 1 teaspoon maida (all purpose flour), salt to taste and add little by little water to make a not so thick batter.
4. Take a non-stick frying pan heat 1 cup of vegetable oil and dip the kofta balls (step 2) into the batter (step 3) and fry till it become golden brown. Keep aside.
5. In a mixture grinder blend 2 onions with very little water and make a paste.
6. Take a non-stick frying pan heat 2-3 tablespoon of butter and add onion paste (step 5) into the pan and fry for 5 mins. Put 4 cloves and 2 small stick of cinamon powder (both grinded) and paste of ginger, garlic and green chili (approx 1/2 teaspoon each) fry for 2 mins. Add 2-3 tablespoon of tomato puree and cook for again 2 mins, put 1 teacup of water and boil for 3-4 mins.
7. Pour the mixture(step 6) into the grinder and add 1/4 teaspoon cournflour, 1/2 teaspoon sugar and blend it.
8. Transfer all the content of mixture grinder (step 7) into the frying pan and cook again, add 1 teaspoon garam masala, 2-3 tablespoon fresh cream, 1 teaspoon chili powder, salt to taste, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper and cook for 5 mins.
9. Now gravy is ready, put the kofta balls into the gravy and soak for 5 mins. Remove the kofta balls from the gravy and keep it in other container otherwise kofta balls will break and mix it with gravy. Also if you leave the kofta balls in the curry and store it in refrigerator, it will simply soak the whole curry and become tender (i.e. easily breakable). So it is best to remove the kofta balls and store them separately.
Malai Kofta is ready to serve hot with Naan, Pulao or Paratha for dinner. 10 minutes before serving add the kofta balls to the curry again.
Please leave your feedback and suggestions in the comments section below. Thank you.